MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Sunday, December 5, 2010

ROYAL DUTCH BAKERY GRANDVILLE MICHIGAN PASTRY FOR ST. NICHOLAS DAY

The Royal Dutch Bakery has a long history in Grandville, a town which is part of the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area.

Bonket decorated for the holidays.  These are decorated with butter cream decorations.  When I was young the bakeries decorated the bonket with candied red and green cherries, pineapple, and orange peel.

Here a ring of bonket is given a more contemporary
 decoration with penguins in the "snow".

Beautiful Dutch cookies are for sale; too pretty to eat.

My very favorite pastry from the Royal Bakery is an almond ring.  Sweet roll dough wrapped around almond paste then baked and glazed.

I'm Dutch.  I love almond paste!!

Did I tell you this is my favorite pastry?  The lucious coffee cake dough, the fantastic almond paste, and sweet glaze.  I think I am going to go have a piece right now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment