MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Sunday, December 12, 2010

CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD---GERMANY, MEXICO, AND PERU

Here are more trees from the display of Christmas Around the World at Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Please remember to double-click on each picture to make the picture full-screen size.






The little white squares tied on the tree with red ribbon are Springerle cookies.  I have a new book on molded cookies so someday I will post Springerle cookies.

Since Tom is of German descent we have a pickle on our tree.  Ornament pickles are available at Bronner's Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, Michigan.   www.bronners.com/  




I thought the Mexican tree was one of the most colorful of all the trees.  I wanted to bring it home. 




I loved the paper flowers.  It reminded me of college in the 1960's when we would make paper flower wreaths for our dorm room door.






I really enjoy South American music so we had to have a picture of a flute.


The Nativity scene is inside of a gourd.


This is a craved and painted gourd.  Gourds are one of my favorites but are difficult to dry in our moist climate. 


A little woolly sheep with more gourd.


Beautiful hand work.


No comments:

Post a Comment