MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Sunday, October 3, 2010

OLD DOGS DO LEARN NEW TRICKS


Katrinka, a 12 year old German Shepherd, is a good example that old dogs can learn new tricks.  Last year she was having a very bad time with her hips and her back.  As if she wasn't in enough pain, a fuzzy white Snoodle puppy came into her life.  She HATED it.  She did not even want to be on the same level of the cottage with it. 

Little by little Katrinka started getting better with an exercise program that I can up with for her.  We would swim a little every day and then do a yoga back and forth roll on her back.  She continued to get better, but her opinion of the Snoodle didn't change much. 

However little by little Izzy, the Snoodle, worked her way into Katrinka's life.  Katrinka learned Izzy wasn't too bad, then Izzy was OK, to Izzy is fun, and finally to Izzy is the best side-kick a Shepherd could ask for and I love her.

Now this posting is not for people who grew up with computers.  This is how this "Old Dog" went up to the hospital library and started using their, to me, strange computers.  I even took a flash drive with me!!  That's huge as I just learned what a flash drive is.  As I hesitantly started looking around, I found Word and finally found my way to the Internet.  My Posting on ARTPRIZE came from the hospital library.  I was so proud.  I did it all by myself.  However, I think I might have saved something on the hospital main-frame. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment