MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Sunday, April 4, 2010

LITTLE WHITE GLOVES

All dressed up for Easter services and I, of course, have on white gloves. Ladies and little girls never when to church without their white gloves. In fact, any time they dressed up, gloves were part of their ensemble. Woe be to any little girl who got her gloves dirty before church or lost one!

My Mom was a concert pianist before she was married. One of her piano professors told her to keep her hands supple she was to rub her hands with vasoline at night and put gloves over her hands while sleeping. So my old gloves covered my winter chapped hands at night.

You can’t see my shoes in this picture, but they are not cute little black patent leather Mary Jane shoes. They are sturdy, laced-up, brown, high-top, oxford shoes. I was always the only one in Sunday School in sturdy, laced-up, brown, high-top, oxford shoes. My Mom believed in supporting young growing feet. Can you tell, I hated those shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment