MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Monday, November 8, 2010

SHOULD AN OLD DOG LEARN A NEW TRICK???

My next post will be for an almost guilt-free pumpkin pie. It is almost guilt-free and not guilt-free because I use sugar. My sister-in-law uses sugar substitutes in her cooking all the time. I watch the ads on TV. I circle the sugar aisle in the supermarket checking out the different kinds. I reach for one, look at the price and put it back. I just can’t seem to get past the poor reviews I have read about baking with sugar substitutes and I don’t want to waste my time making a poor product. I have so many recipes to share and so little time.


So I am asking YOU!! Do you think this Old Dog should try a sugar substitution and if so, which one? At the bottom of this post is a little white word—Comment. Click on Comment and tell me what you think. Meanwhile I just will continue to reduce the sugar in dishes that don’t need sugar for structure and muddle on.

I wanted a nice picture of my old dog to go with this post. I also wanted people to see that she has recovered from her allergic reaction that made her face look like she was in a prize fight.

I helped her up on the couch, she has hip problems, and told her I wanted a nice picture of her face for the blog.  She had other ideas.  These are the pictures I was able to snap.

"I don't want my picture taken today."

"DID YOU NOT HEAR ME??  I DON'T WANT MY PICTURE TAKEN TODAY!"

"Go away, I am not in the mood to have my picture taken."

"Take a look, my ears are swiveled to the side and way back on my head.  This shows you I'm mad.  Do you want to see the teeth too?'

"I've had it.  What don't you understand about the word NO?"

"Nap time!  I don't pose during my naps."

No comments:

Post a Comment