MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Friday, November 12, 2010

GREEK LUNCHEON, CHURCH BAZAARS AND LIFE HAPPENS

I haven’t posted a recipe yet this week even though I have a whole bunch of them in the camera waiting. This has been a week of “research”. We went to a Greek Luncheon in Grand Rapids at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Grand Rapids. They were so kind sharing their recipes in their cookbook and also when I talked to them. They are in my camera waiting.

It is the season of church bazaars. We went a bazaar in Holland that sells beautiful homemade cookies by the pound. I have some, I hope, great pictures and ideas. Tonight we went to a church in Hudsonville and had a very Dutch meal of pea soup, pigs in the blanket and an apple dumpling.  So very delicious and so soul satisfying.

When we came home tonight someone must have been illegally burning leaves as the air was filled with the special smelling smoke that comes from burning leaves.  It is a scent that takes both Tom and I back to our childhood.

Also this week was a “life happens” week. We spent two whole days visiting our friends in the hospital getting a little chemo, a little infusion, and a great lunch from the Cherie Inn in Grand Rapids.  I had another of their fantastic burgers.  I have posted my version of their burger with French fried onions earlier on this blog.

I promise tomorrow I will post a pumpkin pie recipe. This weekend I will have a cranberry sauce that even children love, and a different way to serve stuffing or dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment