MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A TRIO OF SUMMER SALADS

When Tom and I designed this blog neither of us knew the first thing about blogs and it was the blind leading the blind.  Before the cancer exploded in him, he was working on creating a web site and we were working on a way to find recipes easier on this blog.  You have to be dedicated to go back through all the blog posts to find what you want.  So once in a while I bring back to the front some of my favorite recipes. 

During this extremely hot summer, cooling, easy salads seem to be the what I want to eat.  Here are three good summer salads that I really enjoy.   The Cooking with Quinao Summer Salad can be made with Orzo pasta, but the Quinao adds so much protein which is so good for you.   Sandman's of Grand Rapids Secret Ingredient Spaghetti Salad is from the restaurant voted "Best" for ribs in the GR Magazine.  The recipe has been around for a while so it is an oldie but goodie.  Szeshwan Chicken Pasta is a recipe I found back in the 1980's and I still really "love" it.  (My Dad always told me I couldn't "Love" anything that couldn't love me back.  I have had trouble following that because I love dealing with food.) 



http://michigancottagecook.blogspot.com/2011/06/cooking-with-quinoa-summer-salad.html



http://michigancottagecook.blogspot.com/2011/07/sandmanns-grand-rapids-michigan-secret.html



http://michigancottagecook.blogspot.com/2010/08/szechwan-chicken-pasta.html

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment