MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Monday, August 27, 2012

BRADLEY'S SURPRISE HUNGER GAMES PARTY

The Hunger Games.
 
 
 

Wouldn't it be nice to always have the odds in your favor?

 
 
 

My birthday cake for Bradley.  Aren't I a good decorator?  NOT!!!



The cake was decorated at Ryke's Bakery, the home of Traditional Dutch-Mexican Food.
 






Jenna dressed as Effie Trinke.




The surprise!
 
 
 
 

The joy! 
 
 
 
 
Pose for Grandma.
 
 
 

Discussing the games to come.
 
 
 
 

Players are getting ready.  Cousin Martha is ready to run!
 
 
 

Jera, the organizer of the party.  "Effie" has her gong and drumstick.
 
 
 
 

Jillian and Bradley celebrate a win.
 
 
 
 

Please, Effie, don't hit the gong and make me dead.  I still want to play.
 
 
 

Effie hits her gong to announce who is dead and out of the game. 



THE MENU
Here are a few of the things that we feasted on at the party:  Rue's Berry Blend, The Capitol's Finest Lacy Orange Juice, Thresh's Wild Rice, Greasy Sae's Wild Dog Scraps, Rim's Basil Wrapped Goat Cheese, Mallark Bakery Apple Goat Cheese Tarts, Mallark Bakery Bread, Peeta's Cheese Buns, Cato's Asparagus Spears. 


Then there was cake.  White cake with lemon filling and buttercream frosting!!!

The rocks on the cake are candy that is made to look like rocks.
 
 
 
Happy Birthday to you.  The singing is wonderful at the Leffring house except for me.  I sound like a cross between a dog howling and a donkey braying.
 
 
 

Blowing out the candle.  His wish will come true!




 I want the piece with the birds, I want the piece with the birds, no I want the piece with the birds, can I have the piece with the birds.  Four little boys, one very large cake and the boys all want the same piece of cake.
 
 
 
 
Can the top right hand side of the cake with the "birds" be cut into 4 pieces so all the little boys get the piece they want??  Or is denial part of the Hunger Games?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment