MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

OH, I'LL REMEMBER HOW I DID THAT!!!

One of the cardinal rules of doing research is to write everything down.  Everything!  I can't tell you how many times I or a co-worker would have a great experiment go really well in the pilot plant and think to ourselves, "I'll never forget how I did that one.  Wrong!  The next morning you go to work and start to write up your report and think, "how did I do that again, did I use 1 part garlic or 2?  Then you think, "Why didn't I write it down?"  Because I thought I'd never forget.


I have spent the last two days trying to recreate a recipe for soft bread sticks that I originally came up with sixteen years ago.  I have 3 pounds of bread sticks now, and I still haven't gotten the recipe correct.  I did write a couple of ingredients down, but not the directions.  It was so easy, I wouldn't forget.   To top off my frustration, my bread machine gave up the ghost. 


I have had my bread machine since 1992.  It traveled in the backseat of my little red car with The Katrinka and I, from Michigan to Great Falls, Montana.  From there we went on to Seattle, Washington a couple of times before heading back to Michigan.  That bread machine had a lot of miles on it.  It also produced loaves and loaves of wonderful bread and dinner rolls for every family occasion.  The bread sticks it made were loved by all. 


I will recreate the recipe as soon as I go to the store to get more flour.

Good-bye old friend.  I will miss you.  Thank you for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment