MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'M A MICHIGAN GIRL---SONG WRITTEN AND SONG BY RUTH BLOOMQUIST.COM

I first heard Ruth sing this song about three years ago and I had to buy the CD.  When a friend sent me this link from "youtube" of Ruth singing her song with pictures of Michigan showing in the background, I had to share the link.




I am a Michigan girl.  I love this State.  So many people have no idea how beautiful Michigan is because there are no interstate highways that cross the state filled with people and trucks going somewhere else.  If you are on an expressway in Michigan, chances are you are headed somewhere in Michigan.  I-94 goes from Chicago to Canada, but it is not like 1-80 filled with cars going across the country.


Anytime I am away from the state, I always feel joy when I see the Welcome To Michigan sign on the side of the road.  As far as I am concerned Michigan has everything except pelicans flying along the shoreline of the lakes, and bougainvillea vines growing on walls and houses.

2 comments:

  1. Here is Ruth and her husband's web site:
    http://www.ruthbloomquist.com/cd__download_store/

    I am so glad you enjoyed "Michigan Girl"

    ReplyDelete