MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Monday, August 9, 2010

OUR CHERRY/BERRY LADY FROM THE MUSKEGON FARMER'S MARKET

Tom is hungry for a cherry pie.  I have cherries in the freezer from my favorite supplier at the Muskegon Farmer's Market.  She is always ready to offer advice on the best variety of cherries or strawberries to use for what purpose.  She also has a quick recipe and interesting hints to share.  I really enjoy shopping at her stand.
I must ask her what her name is as I always think of her as my cherry lady.  She, too, has collected recipes all her life and I am hoping she will share!

This is Cherry Lady's 90 year old Father who grows the fruit.  He and her Mom have been married 70 years.  He says that cherry juice keeps him free of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment