MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Monday, December 31, 2012

DUTCH OLIEBOLLEN FOR LUCK IN 2013.

Every culture has special food they eat for good luck in the New Year.  The Dutch eat Oliebollen or Fat Balls.  It is a wonderful treat to try and it is quick and easy. 

My neighbor, Joyce, who is teaching me about the Dutch way of life told me that her Mother's Oliebollen always had small chopped pieces of currants, apple, and candied ginger in them.  I want to try doing that soon.


The two recipes I have re-posted here are both delicious.  The comments at the ends of the posts give wonderful information from my readers.  I am always so grateful when someone takes the time to let me know what they do with my recipes.  I love to learn and I am learning  a lot doing this blog.  Thank you and Happy New Year!



http://michigancottagecook.blogspot.com/2011/05/dutch-olliebollen-fat-balls.html




http://michigancottagecook.blogspot.com/2011/01/dutch-oliebollen-2-andor-dutch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment