MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Sunday, July 1, 2012

AUNT IRMA CRUNCY CEREAL COOKIES WITH BUTTERSCOTCH---REACHING INTO THE FAMILY COOKIE JAR RECIPE COLLECTION

I do not know what my computer is doing.  I hope you can read this text!


Since I live alone, it is dangerous to have a batch

of cookies in the house even if they are in the

freezer.  Tom was the original cookie hound.

He could find cookies no matter where anyone

in the family had them stashed.  He liked to eat

them by the handful.  I am a pretty close second

in loving cookies.  I swear I could be as big as a

large dairy cattle barn if I ate like I would like
to eat.  At least with this cookie recipe, I
get some cereal with my sweet treat.



School is out for the summer and it is nice to
have homemade cookies for treats
after swimming or playing sports. On a hot
summer day, there is nothing better than a glass
of icy cold milk and a plate of cookies.





My Aunt Irma, in a high school or engagement
photo.



Family picture taken by my Dad with a delay
 mechanism on his camera.  He would set up
his shot in his camera, and then run to get into
 the picture before the shutter clicked.
 
  Aunt Irma is the third from the left in the back
row.




If you see the word Jumble in referrence to
cookies, you know the cookies contain
 ingredients like fruit, or chips, or nuts, etc.




AUNT IRMA'S CRUNCHY JUMBLE

COOKIES

Between Mom, Grandma and Aunt Irma, I was
blessed with three mothers. Aunt Irma

and I really like the blend of butterscotch and
rice krispies in these cookies. Neither of us 
likes raisins in this recipe.  Recently I found out
that this cookie is one of Bradley’s 

favorite cookies so I made them for his
Senior Recital last December.





1 1/4 c flour

1/2 t baking soda


1/4 t salt

1/2 c butter, softened

1 c sugar

1 egg

1 t vanilla

2 c rice krispies cereal

1 (6oz.) pkg. or 1 c butterscotch chips

1 c raisins, optional


Ingredients:  Flour, sugar, baking soda, salt,
egg, butter, rice krispies, vanilla,
and butterscotch chips.



DIRECTIONS:
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set
aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar 
together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat
well. Add dry ingredients and stir until 
well blended. Stir in cereal, chips and raisins, if
desired. Drop by tablespoon onto lightly
greased cookie sheets. ( I use parchment paper
 on the baking sheet and a cookie scoop to
portion the dough.)   Can also be rolled into little
 balls. Bake in 350 oven for about 12 
minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from
cookie sheets immediately and cool on 
wire racks.




In a mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients together.




Put butter into a bowl.

Beat the butter with an electric mixer until light
 and fluffy.

Add sugar to the beaten butter.

Beat sugar into butter until fluffy.  Add egg.
  Beat well.

Add dry ingredients to butter mixture.

Add rice krispies and butterscotch chips to
 mixture.  Stir well.

I line my baking sheets with parchment paper.

I use a scoop to proportion the dough.

Bake the cookies in a preheated 350 F. oven for

about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

 

Remove from cookie sheets
immediately and cool on wire racks.


Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment