MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Saturday, December 17, 2011

deBOER'S ANTIQUE DUTCH BREAD CART BICYCLE

Everyone at deBoer's Dutch Bakery is getting ready for Christmas.  The bread cart is being put together with a great deal of patience by the men holding the heavy wooden part of the cart while the fellow on the ground tries to line up the screws with the holes.





 I like the handle bars on the bike part of the cart.


 Inside the bakery, stocking stuffers line the shelves.


 The cookies are wrapped and ready.  This is a gift I would like to find at my front door.


 The Banket is decorated.  Banket is almond paste filling wrapped in flaky pastry.  My Mom gave her Aunt a Banket ring one year when her Aunt was in her 80s.  My Dad went over to Auntie's house later and she had hung the wreath on the door not realizing it was suppose to be eaten.


 If you don't want Banket wreaths, the Banket sticks are ready. 
Banket was such a big part of my childhood holidays.  My Mom, Dad, and I would have tea in the afternoon and share a plate of sliced Banket.  Such happy, happy memories.


Dutch flags and wooden tulips remind all of our heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment