MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Saturday, February 26, 2011

INCREDIBLE PANCAKES, A COFFEE CAKE, BACON AND EGGS

February has been a very difficult month for us.  I find I want comfort food for my body and soul.  However, I don't want the heavy foods usually associated with comfort like rich stews, macaroni and cheese or meatloaf.  I want light, happy foods.  Foods I would serve for a family breakfast in the summer out on the deck with the Lake splashing up on the beach.  


PANCAKES
When I first started the blog, I put on my incredible pancake recipe.  I thought I would bring it back as the older recipes can be lost in the shuffle.  These pancakes are the lightest and fluffiest and have a secret ingredient to make them extra wonderful.


http://michigancottagecook.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-version-of-insanely-great-pancakes.html


FEATHER-LITE PANCAKES



COFFEE CAKE
My Daughter-in-law's, Cindy, coffeecake is to-die-for.  If you haven't tried it, you really must.  It is so easy and has a choice of three different fillings.



LUSCIOUS, EASY COFFEECAKE
This is the first recipe that was posted on Michigan Cottage Cook.


BACON
If you haven't tried baking bacon instead of frying it, you will love these directions.  You will never fry bacon again as baking it is so much easier and not as messy.



BAKED BACON



EGGS
To me it isn't breakfast without eggs.  Here are two different fun ways to serve eggs, one Italian and the other Mexican.




NELDA'S HAM AND EGG PIZZA



EGG, CHEESE, BEANS AND TORTILLA--COMFORT FOOD AT ITS BEST


No comments:

Post a Comment