MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

COUSIN JJ’S DISAPPEARING CHICKEN DIP, SPREAD, BALL OR LOG


COUSIN JJ’S DISAPPEARING CHICKEN DIP, SPREAD, BALL OR LOG
Memorial Day is coming the end of the week. It is time to find something different to serve at your summer parties. Cousin JJ’s called her recipe Fabulous Chicken Dip but when I served it, it disappeared so I changed the name. It will add a little spice and flavor to any party. If serving outside and it is hot, place the cheese ball or log on a plate and place the plate on a shallow pan filled with ice. This keeps mixture chilled and safe. I took this to Daughter’s May party celebrating birthdays, Mother’s Day and their new cottage; family was hesitant at first to try it but everyone decided they like it.

DELICIOUS!

2 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese
1 T bottled steak sauce, I used A-1
Lawry’s seasoning salt, I used ½ teaspoonful
1/2 t to 1 t curry powder, I used ½ teaspoonful of Penzey’s Spice Sweet Curry
1 ½ c cooked chicken, minced, I chopped
½ c celery, minced
¼ c onion, minced
¼ c parsley, chopped
¼ c toasted almonds, chopped, family didn’t want almonds

Ingredients.

Beat together the cream cheese, steak sauce, seasoning salt, and curry. Blend in chicken, celery, onion and two tablespoons of parsley. Refrigerate until easy to handle; I like to chill it overnight. Shape into a 9-inch log or a ball. (I made two cheese balls out of the mixture as I thought one would be too big.) Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Toss together the remaining parsley and almonds. Coat log with parsley/almond mixture and serve with crackers.  NOTE:  When I make this next time I will add some minced red bell pepper or pimento to the chicken mixture.


Mix cream cheese with A-1 and curry powder.

Chopped chicken, celery, onion and parsley.

Add chicken to cream cheese mixture.

Add celery, onion and parsley to chicken mixture and mix well.  Chill.

Chop additional parsley when ready to serve dip.  Roll ball or log in chopped parsely.  To keep herbs Farmer's Market fresh put into glass of water and place the glass in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment