MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Sunday, May 8, 2011

LIFE GOES ON WITH A GREAT DEAL OF DIFFICULTY

Tom's Spirit left this life as we know it in the wee morning hours of the 28th of April.  He travels where we can only dream.  For me, my life as I knew it ended.  Our hopes, dreams, and our every day life routines ended.  For me the world stopped.  Yet, I look out the window and everyone else is going about their business as if nothing had happened.  There are plans to honor Tom to make, demands are made on me that I don't feel I can handle with my mind swamped with grief.  But, life goes on.  I must.  My children and grandchildren hold me up and support me even though they, too, are bowed with grief.  Life goes on in this world as Tom travels to worlds we are not privileged to know.

It is time for the Tulips in Holland, Michigan.  Even though it has been unseasonably cold, make that frigid when the wind blows, there are tulips in bloom.  Yesterday my family went with me to the opening day of the Tulip Festival.  Tom loved taking pictures of the tulips and eating Olliebollen so we did the things he loved to do.

Photos by Cindy:

Tulips for Tom.

Field of tulips on Windmill Island, Holland, Michigan.

The Swan Windmill.  It is the last windmill that was allowed to leave the Netherlands.  During Tulip Time, visitors not only can visit the mill and other features on the Island, there is also a reenactment of the Holland area in the 1700's.  Native American, British troops, fur traders, early settlers, and merchants are all there to share their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Tom has left you a gift of sharing your thoughts, love of cooking,and photos of nature through your blog. He will be there with you, in spirit. I still to this day,5 years later, often catch myself wanting to tell my late husbanad Cam things. Perhaps write letters to him to satisfy that need. Your family seems to be of great support. I went back to teaching about a month of his death. So it slowly siphoned off my grief in managable bites. Keep busy.

    ReplyDelete