MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I HAVE TWO NEW KNEES!

I had surgery on January 10th and had both my knees replaced.  From the hospital, I went to rehabilitation and will be home in another day.  I am so happy to have this surgery done and over with, but I am happiest with the fact that I had both knees done at once.  I was either called crazy or brave when people found out that I was doing them both done at the same time.  Personally I can't imagine sitting here after having one knee done and looking at the same surgery again.

I would be a multi-millionaire if I had a dollar for everyone who told me that knee replacement is a horrible surgery.  Believe me, anyone who is facing this type of surgery already knows it will be difficult.  If someone tells you they are having replacement surgery, just say, "Good Luck."  They don't want to hear it is a horrible surgery.

I have lived with the pain of bone and bone knees for so long now that the pain after the surgery was not a great deal different from what I dealt with every day.  I look forward to being able to go for walks and doing so many things that had become almost impossible to do with my own knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment