MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NELDA'S SUPER QUICK AND EASY PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES

Nelda lives outside Portland, Maine.  When hurricane Sandy hit the East coast Nelda lost her electricity and some trees in her yard.  Thankfully her area did not suffer the damages that New York and New Jersey did.  There were three days I couldn't get a hold of her because she doesn't have a cell phone.  I was relieved when she called even though I knew she had friends to help her. 

Our forty plus year relationship can be illustrated by her phone call.  I was so happy she had her electricity back.  She was so thrilled as she had a new recipe from her daughter-in-law for me.  We both love recipes!   These cookies have only two ingredients and are said to have few Weight Watcher points.




Pumpkin Spice Cookies 


I call these cookies Nelda's Pumpkin Plop Cookies as that was how Nelda's daughter-in-law described how to put the dough on the cookie sheet.  "Plop dough on cookie sheet and bake at 350."

If desired, cookies can be frosted with cream cheese frosting.  I think I will sprinkle some sugar on the unbaked cookies before baking.

NELDA'S SUPER QUICK AND EASY PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES

1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix
1 can (15oz) pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
Cream cheese frosting, if desired


Ingredients:  Spice cake mix and can of pumpkin.

In a mixing bowl, put the dry spice cake mix and the can of pumpkin.  Mix together.  I stirred with a spoon, but next time I will use an electric mixer.  On a greased or parchment covered cookie sheet, use a scoop to proportion dough into cookies or plop dough on cookie sheets.  Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for about 15 minutes or until when cookie top is touched with a finger, the top springs back.






Empty cake mix into a mixing bowl.
 
 
 

Add  pumpkin.
 
 

 Mix together with an electric mixer.  I used a spoon and had some little dots of dry mix in the cookies.
 
 
 

Use a scoop to portion cookie dough or plop dough on to a greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.   I think next time I will sprinkle the cookie dough with a little sugar.

 
 

Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for about 15 minutes or until when cookie top is touched with a finger, the top springs back.





If desired frost with homemade cream cheese frosting using the recipe in the blog address below or used canned frosting.
 

http://michigancottagecook.blogspot.com/2011/12/pumpkin-bars-with-cream-cheese-frosting.html




Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment